Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Time, Space & Facebook Conundrum

Oh what a tangled web we weave... of social networking! Seriously! I'd like to say, for those who might have wondered, that if my facebook page looks as though a toddler has been playing with it- it was just me bumbling my way through an afternoon of figuring out how the damn thing works. There are so many pitfalls to these stupid sites! Honestly, I know there are a LOT of authors who seem to navigate the choppy waters of the world wide web in an almost effortless way. I am so not one of them. I think I probably could be. I'm not stupid. I'm just busy. How am I supposed to leave time for writing when I get on the computer when it takes me fifteen minutes just to remember which password I need to use, and then another twenty to post or upload the necessary info. My website is hopeless out of date and I just updated it three weeks ago!

Am I the only one who feels as if the pace of life has sped up past the point of terminal velocity? Anyone remember what it was like to be a kid and feel as if the school year dragged on forever? Did you know that even kids are saying things like, "Wow that school year just flew by!"?

So I'd like to put forth a question for anyone to ponder. Since time is a literal thing, but is also governed by our perceptions, is it possible for out fast paced lives to actually speed up time? I'm starting to think that it is.

That's not all bad. I mean, hey- I'd like to pay my car off sooner right? And wouldn't it be great if I didn't really owe on my student loans until Armageddon? On the other hand, there's an awful lot of stuff I really want to do. And I find it disturbing to think that I might not get to do it all just because time sped up and passed me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment