Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm Wide Awake and Ready to Go!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not much for consistency with this whole blogging thing. I get it. I do. But let's face it, not every thought in my head is worth sharing. And blogging about stupid pet tricks or the stuff my kids do is not my style.

However, I do have something I want to talk about. A lot. In fact I'm just bursting with excitement about it. See, I believe that every author has a favorite book in their backlist. It's something that really spoke to them. Either it was deeply personal, or a voyage of self discovery, or blah blah blah. Whatever. We just have a fave. And me? I totally have a favorite book.

My very first published work, Phoenix Rising, has always been my baby. The bar where the story is set was a place that I felt as if I really travelled to, in my head of course, but it felt as real as any fictional setting can. And I know a lot of you readers felt the same because you TOLD me you did. You guys demanded I fess up and tell you where the place really was. Alas, the bar is just a figment of my imagination, but the stories and people that occupy it are fleshed out to perfection inside Phoenix Rising.

There's something about the idea of a bar where everyone not only knows your name, but where you can really let down your hair. Anything goes. And no judgement. You can explore those same sex fantasies, or experiment with group sex, play wild and crazy drinking games, or dance on the tables like a rock star. Not only that, but Phoenix Rising is owned by the biggest, baddest, sexiest guy on the planet. Connor Archuleta. Of course, Connor's taken, very taken, as anyone who's ever read Phoenix Rising can tell you. However, our down and dirty bartender Alex Dalesio is not. At least not yet. But more about that in my next blog post.

I've been revitalized, reawakened, and I want to kick it off with a bang. So I'm working with my editor at Etopia Press to re release Phoenix Rising with a new hot cover and some extra spice that will remind my readers exactly why they pick up one of my books. So don't be surprised if you find your air conditioner unable to keep up with the heat this June when Phoenix Rising scorches its way back to your TBR pile.

In the meantime, my next book in the contemporary series Boston Avant Garde, releases with Loose ID on May 22, that's right, only 21 days until Impetuous hits the ebook shelf. You can always check the book page on my website for a teaser.

And to celebrate this awesome return to writing, I'm going to give some stuff away. That's right. Who doesn't love free stuff? I'm making a commitment to blog everyday this month. You guys feel free to check up on me, I need the accountabilibuddies. I want to hear your comments. I want to know what you want to read about, what you like, what you hate, what you thought worked and what didn't. Hit me with it all! You never know what idea I might run with. And on May 22 when I'm dying with excitement to see Impetuous go on sale, you might just be the one hand picked to get free copies of all three books in the Boston Avant Garde series.

Yeah, you heard me. In 21 days I'm going to give away copies of Strung Out, Crescendo, & Impetuous in electronic format. All you gotta do to enter, is leave me some kind of comment. Although let's be honest here, the more creative comments are going to get my attention. That's just reality, folks. So talk to me readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment